According to Fox 6 News, due to COVID-19 Harley-Davidson has announced their "The Rewire" plan to make the company a "leaner, more nimble organization". The plans includes approximately 700 fewer positions across their global operations and there will be about 500 employees exiting the company throughout the rest of the year. According to Harley-Davidson, the key elements of "The Rewire" are
- Enhance core strengths and better balance expansion into new spaces
- Prioritize the markets that matter
- Reset product launches and product line up for simplicity and maximum impact
- Build the Parts & Accessories and General Merchandise businesses to full potential
- Adjust and align the organizational structure, cost structure and operating model to reduce complexity and drive efficiency to set Harley-Davidson up for stability and success
Wow, I hope everyone gets to keep their jobs. Let me know how you feel about one of the biggest cooperations in Milwaukee conducting major cut backs.