Ranked by Forbes as the most bankable star in Hollywood, Will Smith is one of the most powerful actors in Hollywood. Smith has been nominated for four Golden Globes Awards, two Academy Awards and has won four Grammy Awards. He is the only actor to have eight consecutive films gross over $150 million in the domestic box office and eleven consecutive films gross over $150 million internationally. He is also the only actor to have eight consecutive films in which he starred in open at number one. Smith got his start as a rapper under the name The Fresh Prince in the late 80's. In 1990, he transitioned to television and starred in The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. After the show ended in 1996, Smith went on to star in several blockbuster films like Independence Day, Bad Boys, I Am Legend, Men In Black, Ali, Hitch and more. As of 2013, his films have grossed $6.63 billion in global box office.
- Willard Carroll "Will" Smith, Jr. was born on September 25, 1968 in West Philadelphia, PA
- Met wife Jada Pinkett Smith In 1990 when she tried out for the role of his girlfriend on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Has three children. Son, Willard Smith III (Trey Smith) born in November 11, 1992, with Sheree Fletcher. Son, Jaden Christopher Syre Smith born July 8, 1998 and daughter, Willow Camille Reign Smith born October 31, 2000 with Jada Pinkett Smith.
- Won a Grammy Award for the song "Summertime" during his rap career.
- Received the first ever Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance, for the song "Parents Just Don't Understand" in 1989 with his partner DJ Jazzy Jeff.
- Chosen by People as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
- Met first wife, Sheree Fletcher, at a taping of A Different World (1987) in 1991.
- Graduate of Philly's legendary Overbrook High School
- Once stated that in his whole career, he most regrets turning down the part of "Neo" in The Matrix (1999) and the film that he most regrets making was Wild Wild West (1999).
- First hip-hop artist to be nominated for an Academy Award.
- Incorporates the line "Aw, hell no!" into all his movies as a running catch phrase.
- Holds the record for most Kids Choice Awards with a whopping six wins.
- His 1995 divorce from ex-wife Sheree Fletcher led to a $900,000 lump sum divorce settlement for Fletcher, plus $24,000 per month in alimony and child support; this equals $288,000 a year.
- As of 2013, his estimated net worth was $215 million.
- On his first season of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990): "I was trying so hard. I would memorize the entire script, then I'd be lipping everybody's lines while they were talking. When I watch those episodes, it's disgusting. My performances were horrible."
- On the Wild Wild West: "My biggest emotional defeat and the greatest emotional pain I've had as an actor was when 'Wild Wild West' opened up to $52 million. The movie wasn't good. And it hurt so bad to be the No. 1 movie, to open at $52 million and to know the movie wasn't good."
- On his wife Jada: "You're so much stronger when your partner is strong. I honestly believe there is no woman for me but Jada. Of all the women I've met - and there's been a few - no one can handle me the way Jada does. Once you feel someone locked in on you, it's no contest. As fine as other women can be, as tempting sexually, I'm not going anywhere. This is it. I can't imagine what anyone else could offer."
- On hard work: "If you're not willing to work hard, let someone else do it. I'd rather be with someone who does a horrible job, but gives 110% than with someone who does a good job and gives 60%."
- On growing up: "When I turned 28, everything clicked. I even got way better in bed."