KENDRICK LAMAR: Drops a Bomb on Hip-Hop
Not only does Kendrick Lamar declare himself the king of New York on his verse on Big Sean's new track "Control" featuring Jay Electronica -- he also calls out what seems like half the game.
When the song dropped last night (Monday), it lit the Internet on fire. In his verse, Kendrick called out J. Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale, Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky,Drake, Big Sean, Jay Electronica, Tyler the Creator and Mac Miller.
Not even Lindsay Lohan escaped Kendrick's wrath. He rhymes, "Mollies'll prolly turn these [dudes] to [effin']' Lindsay Lohan/ A bunch of rich-ass white girls lookin' for parties/ Playin' with Barbies/ Wreck the Porsche before you give 'em the car key."
Check out Kendrick's verse on YouTube.
MY 2 CENTS:
- If Kendrick really has the talent, he doesn't need to try to start beef with people who've sold more albums than he has. Just stay on your grind, man.
- It's about time someone other than Chris Brown went after Drake.
- Kendrick wants hip-hop to return to when it was a real competition. These days it's all about cars, women and drugs.
- We haven't heard somebody call out the brainlessness of hip-hop since Common back in the '90s. It's about time somebody told it like it is.
- Let's see who responds with a diss record first.